Check if service is available in your area.
Check for service. Register for more information.
Learn when Choptank Fiber will arrive in your neighborhood.
These maps depict the broadband deployment projects starting in 2021. Choptank Fiber will first serve areas that do not currently have adequate broadband internet coverage.
Learn more about the buildout process, start to finish, by viewing our Interactive Map.Our demo projects are designed to work through a multitude of new work-flows, including online ordering, permitting, design, construction and customer support. The projects we launch in the summer of 2021 may take several years to complete. The goal is to begin new deployments annually.
• The Caroline and Queen Anne’s portion of the 2021 project will launch from Choptank Electric Cooperative’s Hillsboro and Barclay substations and connect up to 921 unserved or underserved locations.
• The Somerset County portion of the 2021 project will run southeast out of our Princess Anne substation and connect up to 309 unserved or underserved locations.
2022 – Projects will begin for unserved locations in Dorchester, Wicomico & Worcester Counties.
2023 – Projects will begin for unserved locations in Cecil, Kent & Talbot Counties.
2025 and beyond – Infill projects to pass remaining Choptank members who seek broadband options.
Moving forward: We expect to connect 500-1,000 homes in the remainder of 2021. In future years, our goal is to connect up to 2,000 locations annually. Grant funding can increase those numbers.
- The demo will start Spring of 2021, and will connect 150 locations south of Hillsboro.
- The larger rollout this Summer in Caroline and Queen Anne’s counties will launch north from Hillsboro and south from Barclay - connecting approximately 920 unserved or underserved locations.
- The demo in late Spring of 2021, west of Princess Anne, will connect 60 locations.
- The Somerset rollout that will begin over the summer will run southeast out of Princess Anne and connect approximately 310 unserved or underserved locations.